Author Topic: New tools & Add-ons for Pivotal CRM  (Read 230 times)

Offline Ashish Iddya

• View Profile
New tools & Add-ons for Pivotal CRM
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:38:46 AM »
Hi everyone,

I was Pivotal R&D developer for close to 10 years and have deep knowledge of Pivotal Client, PIMO & UxClient. I quit Aptean in 2016 to develop independent tools & add-ons for Pivotal CRM. Over the past year, we have developed new controls for Pivotal Client ( Hosa Controls Package), a toolkit preview tool ( See how you customizations show up in Pivotal Client without ACC/PBS restart) & clean up tool for admin( delete private searches,reports etc)
Here is a list of my backlog of ideas - https://trello.com/b/wYBhmFFa/iddyasoftware-backlog
 Please go through them and provide feedback by mailing me ashish@iddyasoftware.com

I have attached a few screenshots of the forms I have created using my controls. Do let me know if any of you would be interested to see a demo and take this further.

Regards,
Ashish Iddya
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:12:06 AM by Ashish Iddya »

Offline Misiu

• View Profile
Re: New tools & Add-ons for Pivotal CRM
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:37 AM »
Hi Ashish.
This looks promising. Much nicer than original controls set.
Looking forward to see more screenshots with controls.

I have one question. Could You share some information for one can put his own controls into toolkit. It's based on VS, but there isn't option to customize toolbox.
I'm aware that I must extend PivotalCustomControlContainer, IPivotalUIControl, IPivotalLocalizableComponent and add ToolboxItemFilterAttribute attribute, but I don't know how to add those controls to Toolbox.
I will be more that grateful for help.

Best regards,
Misiu

Offline Ashish Iddya

• View Profile
Re: New tools & Add-ons for Pivotal CRM
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 07:50:25 AM »
Hi Misiu,
Adding it in toolbox is quite a complex process. You will have to create a visual studio extension - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165108.aspx
Then you will have to install this extension in <toolkit path>\Extensions\Application folder. There is no requirement to extend PivotalCustomControlContainer for the above process. It can be any control.

I have attached couple of more screenshots of forms created using my new controls.
Regards,
Ashish