Author Topic: Unable to DELETE a record (AA), Access denied error  (Read 2478 times)

Offline svakula

• View Profile
Unable to DELETE a record (AA), Access denied error
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:36:20 AM »
I'm unable to delete any record from 'Support Status' Active access form, using the smart client. It always shows the following message
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to delete the form data.
  HRESULT = 80070005 -- Access is denied.
  Function = CRDWriteAccessRoot::DeleteFormData.
  Occurred in .\RDAccess.cpp on line 1338.
  Compiled on Apr 14 2005, modified on Sat Mar 12 09:55:38 2005.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if i create a new record and try to delete immediately, it fails. :-(
I have delete access to the table and i checked all access rights that i know. And i believe that the DELETE button is showed on a form only if the user has necessary rights. Then why it is not allowing to Delete.

any clue...

Offline Weng Keat Tan

• View Profile
Re: Unable to DELETE a record (AA), Access denied error
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:05:20 PM »
I know that you've set the appriopriate rights, but do check the following again:

1) Check the 'Delete allowed' properties of Support_Status table
2) Ensure that the login user has 'Delete' rights to Support_Status table in Security settings
3) Make sure that you restarted the 'Lifecycle Engine Appserver' component service. The settings will only take effect after restart the the service.
4) Last but not least, check if the Support_Status Form Script / Appserver Rule that forbids the deletion of record.

FYI, I managed to delete a Support_Status record on my side. I'm running on P5.7.