Author Topic: Piv 5.9 Quick Search --> Advanced Tab --> Additional criteria  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Dean Wooldridge, Jr.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Piv 5.9 Quick Search --> Advanced Tab --> Additional criteria
« on: January 28, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »
So the user goes to the advanced tab, or they use a Pick-A-Search.  they add additional criteria to filter records based upon some field that is a foreign key to the Employee table.  Say they want all leads or opportunities assigned to a specific person.

The drop down for the Advanced Tab additional Criteria is going to show all employee records and we want only those that are active.  The pick a search seems to work the same way - I can't figure out how to get the underlying criteria to allow the user to make a selection from a list of employees where the list they are presented is only active employees.

Pivotal support suggested a view filter but I think that is really going to mess things up.

Any ideas?

Offline CarlC

• View Profile
Re: Piv 5.9 Quick Search --> Advanced Tab --> Additional criteria
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:38 AM »
A view filter will apply to their view of the whole system, so if you want them to see inactive employees everywhere else, dont filter them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, except building a dummy form to perform the search but that is a lot of work.