Author Topic: OCX connection problems  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Dean Wooldridge, Jr.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OCX connection problems
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »
I successfully embedded the OCX into a pile of Excel VBA code - works great.  I did my development on my Pivotal development server where LCS runs.

Now I need to move this Excel spreadsheet out to the end user.  So I copied the workbook to my local desktop machine.  Of course I immediately ran into missing objects so I copied over the OCX file and a smattering of supporting libraries.

Excel launches now with no complaints but when I attempt to connect to my Pivotal system it fails.  I haven't been able to determine the reason why, by that I mean an error code, but no go.

So what I'm looking for then is some feedback on experiences using the OCX in an application that is running separate from where all the Pivotal system code is living.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: OCX connection problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
Ah, well the test OCX application from Pivotal will not connect either so its not just my stupidity.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
Finally got the Pivotal test OCX program to work on the workstation but it is too slow to be usable.  Guess this is a dead end.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »

Actually turns out I got the OCX application to work on the workstation for only one Pivotal system.  I've gone back to the test OCX program that Pivotal distributes rather than my code.  This is a straight VB6 application and I'm getting very strange behavior.  Wonder if the following rings a bell with anyone:

I'm experimenting with the test VB6 program that Pivotal distributes with the OCX itself.  It runs great on my development LCS machine.  It runs great on the production LCS machine.  When it put it on a third machine that does not have Pivotal loaded, things get odd.

Development Pivotal systems are called "Demo" and "DemoOffline".
Production Pivotal system is called "Pulse".

On the third workstation I have copied over the Pivotal System Manager program and the needed DLL files.  I have setup ODBC entries for all three Pivotal systems mentioned above.  I have defined the three systems using Pivotal System Manager.

When I run the test OCX program, I can connect successfully to "DemoOffline" only.  On the other two systems I get the message:

Pivotal eRelationship was unable to initialize the Active Notification Manager.  Mobile systems cannot be kept synchronized without the Network Notificaition.  Do you want to run Pivotal eRelationship in Read Only mode?

Its weird because "Demo" won't work but "DemoOffline" will.  Both are on the same LCS box and of course "DemoOffline" is the offline version of "Demo".  I've looked at all the obvious things and have even gone so far as to copy the registry keys from the development LCS to the third workstation but no luck.

There's nothing else of Pivotal installed on this third workstation, no Windows Access for example.  I can hit all three systems successfully using Active Access.

Offline alexandru.boerescu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:16:01 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to install Syndmail and it requires Pivotal OCX. Can you tell what it is and where can I download it?

Thanks,

Alex Boerescu

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 10:49:03 AM »
This comes on the Pivotal distribution disks.   On my system it was installed into

\Program Files\Pivotal\Relation\ocx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
Thanks for the path. I checked on my system and I also have ocx there. The question is why does the setup of syndmail say that Pivotal OCX is not installed?

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:04:26 AM »
maybe it's not registered?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
OK.. it seems I do not know anything about OCX. How do I register it?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »
Nevermind. I found the answer on Google.

Thanks for the help :).