Author Topic: Microsoft Project Integration  (Read 2646 times)

Offline MTaljaard

• View Profile
Microsoft Project Integration
« on: September 27, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »
Hi all,

i'm are very very new to Pivotal and we are helping a customer with minor modifications to Pivotal. So far so good.

but......
the previous developer developed a Project module in Pivotal. This is a basic view of tasks and resources that are assigned to tasks for a specific project. From the Project form one can create a new MS Project file and update the Project file with the data from pivotal. He calls a dll from Pivotal to create and update the MS Project File.

There is a timesheet module where the resources capture their time against a project task per week. The time entered are used to update the time completed on the project task when the timesheets have been approved.

Things are getting a bit out of control with the project maintenance etc, and this solution that he developed is not working 100% to the client needs. It is getting more and more difficult to follow projects.

Basically the client is looking for a way to manage projects and resources (and time) with a way to report on different criteria.

So my question is this:
Is there a Microsoft Project Integration solution for Pivotal or does any one have any experience with a similar scenario that can maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Morne

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:20:52 AM by MTaljaard »

Offline Dean Wooldridge, Jr.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Project Integration
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »
I see that this is a very old post but I have the same question.  We have a project management module that we built within Pivotal.  It does a pretty decent job but now executive management would like to use Microsoft Project to basically manage the lives of every employee in the company.  I would like to continue to enter data into Pivotal about the tasks that the users worked on and how much time they spent.  Then feed this into MS Project so it can do it's scheduling magic.

Anyone done anything close to this?