Author Topic: An ODBC error has been detected....Invalid Column Name 'Assigned_By_User_Id'  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Sumit Sinha

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 110
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Cognizant Technology Solutions
Hi All,

We have just upgraded from r99 to 5.9 WA.

We are getting an error (Please see the attached file) when we try to run the system Agent: Open Calendar

I have checked in the "rn_appointment" table and it does not have the field named "Assigned_By_User_id". I have also checked the same in older version (r99) but did not find there too.

But we have other systems running on 5.9AA and they definitely have this field present there.

So i believe we may have missed some upgrade scripts? or what?

Anyone else have faced this problem before?
With Regards,
Sumit Sinha
Cognizant Technology Solutions

Offline CarlC

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 267
  • Karma: +28/-5
    • View Profile
As you go through the procedures to upgrade, there should have been at least one transporter which would add several fields to the database, persumably this is one of them.

You may have missed them if the field was part of the 99 --> 5, 5 --> 5.1, 5.1 --> 5.7 or 5.7 --> upgrade and you skipped importing of the transporter.

If you used the rtr compare utility to add these things in then it should have been included.

Offline Sumit Sinha

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 110
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Cognizant Technology Solutions
As you go through the procedures to upgrade, there should have been at least one transporter which would add several fields to the database, persumably this is one of them.

You may have missed them if the field was part of the 99 --> 5, 5 --> 5.1, 5.1 --> 5.7 or 5.7 --> upgrade and you skipped importing of the transporter.

If you used the rtr compare utility to add these things in then it should have been included.

I may have messed up with some of these transporter files.
But i would like to know what should i do now??

Should i add the missing field manually? Or should i run the transporter files for the last upgrade stage?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:11:41 AM by Sumit Sinha »
With Regards,
Sumit Sinha
Cognizant Technology Solutions

Offline Dean Wooldridge, Jr.

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 494
  • Karma: +9/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
What about running a compare between your system and and OOTB system - that might help you know if there are a number of missing items.

Offline CarlC

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 267
  • Karma: +28/-5
    • View Profile
I agree with Dean  ;D

You need to do an RTR compare to get all the fields and bits that you are missing, rather than going through the errors one by one. There will be more missing fields, and code, which you could fix when you or your users find them, but it is best to get as many as you can now, by doing the RTR compare

Offline Sumit Sinha

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 110
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Cognizant Technology Solutions
Yup...Thanks for your precious advices.

Actually Pivotal personals were the one who did the upgrade and we believe this mess is due to the upgrade process not going according to the plan. So now its their headache and responsibility  ;D ;D

Anyway gave the RTR compare suggestion to them.

Thanks all.
With Regards,
Sumit Sinha
Cognizant Technology Solutions