Author Topic: Pivotal integration with other CRM systems  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Stephen Stanley

• View Profile
Pivotal integration with other CRM systems
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:38:39 AM »
Hello

I am managing a project that will be integrating Pivotal CRM with The Raiser's Edge, which is a CRM system specifically for fund raising organisations. I don't expect anyone here to have carried out the same sort of project before. However, I was just hoping that someone may have integrated Pivotal with any other CRM system, or at least integrated 2 CRM systems together. That is to say, as a minimum, running 2 CRM systems together, with data moving from one system to the other and vice-versa. If you have, I would love to hear about your experiences.

If you think the whole idea of doing such a thing is unwise, then also let me know. But only constructive comments, please.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this matter.

Regards to all.
Stephen

Offline PivotalTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • xemware
Re: Pivotal integration with other CRM systems
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »
So many ways of doing this, you want real-time or periodic (i.e. synchronised on a regular basis)?

There is the initial synchronising of data which would be a bulk process.
Then on-going (Pivotal -> other system):
* Real-time: Hook into AddFormData/SaveFormData, and post update to other system (we do that to customer's core financial system)
* Periodic: Seperate process that regularly scans for records edited/created since last scan, and post's change to other system (this could be any number of tools like SSIS, BizTalk etc)

Every morning Pivotal is synchronised with data from core financial system via a SQL Server datamart.  Downside is we don't get real-timish updates from financial system -> Pivotal, but there are limitations on the financial system and data that make this difficult.

You could also implement SQL Server triggers, SQL Server Notifications (haven't looked into this), or periodic scans of records to look for additions/updates, then synchronise (using ASR for Pivotal updates).

Pivotal have the Integration Connector and SSIS Connector addons that can simplify achieving the above, SSIS Connector is proving to be very handy for getting data, or even for doing updates.

Tim Shnaider
xemware limited
http://www.xemware.com

Looksie - Prototyping Covered!
http://www.looksie.me

Offline celopes

• View Profile
Re: Pivotal integration with other CRM systems
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
I know the topic is a little old, but Tim's post caught my eye.

We are trying to establish a SQL Server database trigger on the pivotal ED (yes, I understand that is not recommended by CDC, I understand that certain customizations and deploying a new BM would destroy the triggers) to populate a queue table that would be processed by a SSIS package to integrate data to a non-pivotal database.

We want to go this route because synchronizing updates on the pivotal database over to the non-pivotal database would be tremendously expensive if we scan the enormous number of records and compare them with data in the non-pivotal database. We have a requirement of near-real-time updates.

Every time we create a trigger on one of the pivotal tables - even though manually inserting/updating/deleting rows in the pivotal database proves that the triggers are working correctly - the active access interface starts failing with the attached error message. Even if the trigger is as simple as:

create trigger t_Contact_ins
on dbo.Contact
for insert
not for replication
as
begin
      select 1;
end
go

Are there people out there using triggers on the pivotal ED?

Any idea on how to achieve near-real-time integration between pivotal/non-pivotal DBs without using triggers?

Thanks in advance!

CE