Author Topic: error while reinstalling on a new laptop: the user name is not valid  (Read 2049 times)

Offline jalman

• View Profile
Hello,

We are using syncstream r3.1.
One of our salesman need to change his old laptop under Win XP, so i'm trying to reinstall his mobile account onto the new one with Win 7 32bit.
All goes fine but when i try to go to the authentification page: http://<server>/syncstream/admin/config/mis.htm
i get the error message: the user name is not valid

On the server side all should be fine as it works on the old laptop.
On the new one, i created a local account which is the same as the pivotal domain account. only the password differs...i don't know if it's a problem but i think not.
i don't know what i missed...

Well, the pivotal server name is : jalpivotal
the pivotal domain name is : jalsema
The user account name on both server and laptop is : jgroch

So i type: jgroch and i click on "configure local system" button and i get immediatly the error: the user name is not valid

Anyone could help me with this please ?
Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:31:40 PM by jalman »

Offline jalman

• View Profile
Re: error while reinstalling on a new laptop: the user name is not valid
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:57:45 AM »
could it be an IE9 problem ?
on my old installation procedure, it says that when you go to http://<server>/syncstream/admin/config/mis.htm
you have to accept the activex components...i didn't had to accept anything, i didn't see any message asking me to install a component...

Offline crmpimp

• View Profile
Re: error while reinstalling on a new laptop: the user name is not valid
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:35:50 AM »
Windows 7 with Pivotal 3.1? You do like to live dangerously, don't you?

Sorry, but this is going to be a bit of a sarcastic response as I still have difficultly beliving that people use really really old version of Pivotal with the latest other software releases and then seem to be surprised they have problems....

Pivotal only certified using P5.9 and P6 with Windows 7. Given that P3.1 was released in 2002 and Windows 7 was released in mid-summer 2009, do you really believe there won't be compatibility issues?

On another note, I don't think the issue is specific with IE9, as if you were using P5.9 and IE9 and Windows 7, then this should all work.

Check the IIS logs to see if anything useful is in there - your W7 machine should have been prompted to download and install the ActiveX component. Also, you may want to try turning off the W7 firewalls temporarily to see if this could be blocking the call for the download.